Director of Engineering focused on the areas below.
- Reports to a Vice President and manages a team of 40 people with 5 managers reporting directly to the role.
- Provides the strategic leadership and direction for multiple engineering groups with multiple engineering and design disciplines.
- Ensures design estimate accurately cover actual costs and the work is completed timely, on budget and properly accounted.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient utilization of resources with emphasis on safety, cost reduction/control, reliability and compliance with regulations.
- Develops, approves and manages annual expense resource budgets.
- Leads and directs the annual planning process for the department by setting goals and objectives that align with corporate goals and objectives.
- Anticipates and positions the organization to meet future business requirements in a fast changing and competitive environment.
- Strong technical knowledge and a broad background of experience, not just strictly engineering.
- A business and political savviness used to create, sell, and drive ideas and initiatives.
- Experience developing managers into strong leaders.
- Exceptional leadership skills, operations experience, and knowledge of federal and state regulations.
Contact Refine Search to learn more about this or a similar search.