Manager, Gas System Engineering and Corrosion Control focused on the areas below.
- Provide visionary & strategic leadership while directing gas distribution engineering and corrosion control activities. Responsible for overall integrity of the gas distribution and transmission piping systems.
- Make decisions and engineering recommendations that balance operational performance with financial objectives and risk management. Anticipate and aggressively pursue issues, including regulatory requirements.
- Provide oversight for the mitigation of gas distribution system problems by recommending, prioritizing, and securing funds for engineering solutions as required. Accountable for attainment of unit business goals and objectives.
- Direct the analysis of system operation to optimize the utilization of nearly $1 billion in assets and assure reliable service to approximately 500,000 existing gas customers in the service territory.
- Responsible for the preservation of corporate facilities by minimizing the deterioration of the piping through Pipeline Integrity, application of corrosion control engineering practices, and compliance with regulations and industry standards.
- Provide gas engineering and technical support as required. Monitor system to assure adequacy of service.
- Hire, develop, motivate, coach and counsel employees.
- Manage the design and constructions of critical gas facilities including major gas distribution mains, gas regulator stations, gas meter stations, and odorization facilities. Provide Risk management expertise by assisting with Pipeline Integrity projects and managing external corrosion direct assessment field-testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 10 years gas distribution or transmission engineering experience; to include 3 years supervisory/management experience.
- Thorough understanding of all applicable regulations (i.e. DOT code), corporate policies, gas tariffs, and gas standards.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
Contact Refine Search to learn more about this or a similar search.