Director of Supply Chain- Major Projects
- We are seeking a very strong leader that can create a vision and drive the execution to be a value add and a partner to the business. A leader that can bring an innovative and results-oriented approach to large, multi-year projects.
- Direct development and continuous improvement of standardized processes for requests for proposals, bid specifications, and specialized contract terms & conditions (T’s & C’s) required by transactions. Oversee the acquisition of construction services, major equipment, and other services to ensure efficient, effective development, analysis, negotiation, and award of contracts.
- Direct the administration of appropriate application of standard commercial contract terms & conditions. Oversee development and approve final specialty contract formats and T’s & C’s templates such as Engineer, Procure, Construct (“EPC”), furnish & install, major capital equipment supply, O&M program contracts, storage site facility leases, equipment rental agreements, etc. Guide development, negotiation, execution, and administration of specialty contracts for specific sourcing transactions (e.g. Advanced Grid, Construction “partnering” agreements with contractors, Municipalization separation contracts).
- Direct the sourcing process to limit liability. Ensure documents/notices required for contractor/supplier mobilization (Proof of Insurance, Performance & Payment Bonds, Letters of Credit, Parental Guarantees, etc.), job progress (permits, etc.), and contract completion (lien waivers, etc.) are timely obtained and meet contract requirements.
- Represent company in key interactions with contractors and suppliers. Ensure contractor/supplier commitments and progress milestones are tracked in accordance with contractual T’s & C’s and full value of the transaction has been achieved.
- Guide negotiators for company’s interests in major construction contracts, complex equipment purchases, and major O&M purchases. Guide leaders in the management of contractor/supplier claims (from the first receipt of notice through settlement, including litigation, if any) to minimize impacts to project budgets/schedules.
- Support enterprise-wide standardization of technology and equipment. Achieve cost savings by bundling engineering, design, procurement, construction, parts inventory, and training standardization. Leverage market position to obtain better pricing and contractor/supplier performance.
- Manage the selection, training, development, and evaluation of highly skilled professionals.
- Create metrics to evaluate Major Capital Projects & Programs sourcing functions. Establish processes for sharing metrics as well as continuous monitoring and utilizing sourcing best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Mgmt, Procurement, Sourcing, Business Mgmt, Finance, Engineering, or related field.
- Law degree or contract law experience desirable.
- Combined 10 years of experience in sourcing, contract administration, risk analysis/mitigation, and/or contract negotiation, with at least five years related to electric, gas, or renewable utility assets.
- Extensive expertise in major construction and supply contracts, complex contract development, and negotiation required.